Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Click or bang?

Well, it's that time again. Tomorrow morning I must go into Manhattan for one of my regularly scheduled blood tests.
Hopefully, the results will show that the medication I'm taking is keeping my calcium level steady.
A couple of years ago, one of my surgeons told me that a patient of his with the same cancer described going in for these tests as never knowing whether to expect a click or a bang.
The allusion to Russian roulette is fitting.
Let's hope for a click this time.

8 comments:

Jules said...

Good luck!

Michael said...

Thanks, Jules! Never a dull moment, as they say ...

Passion said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Passion said...

Dear Michael, I am praying for a click ... best of luck!

Michael said...

Thank you ALL for your good wishes and kind thoughts. This kind of positive energy can only help!!
I'll keep you posted...

Michael said...

Thanks so much, Anu!
I know you've got your own medical situation to deal with, and I wish you the very best for a happy outcome.
Thanks again, from one tea-lover to another...

M

Phats said...

Very interesting we have a doctor appt on the same day. I will think of you if you think of me lets send good vibes! It's my one year and it always makes me a little nervous. Good luck with everything.

Michael said...

Greenbean, thank you so much!
Phats, you got a deal, bro! I hope this is a day we both can look back upon with fond memories.