Monday, September 25, 2006

Visiting an old friend

New Jersey tower, George Washington Bridge, Sept. 25, 2006

It was early May when I last walked across the George Washington Bridge, gateway to so many of my adventures on foot in Manhattan and beyond.
With cooler weather approaching, I want to dust off my walking shoes and get back on the path.
On the path, I lose myself and find myself at the same time.
On the path, necessities and luxuries rarely vie.
On the path, my senses sharpen.
On the path, I feel content as my life unfolds at three miles per hour.
I'm just about ready to heed the call once again.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Oh yes, oh yes, to all that. Time for me to get walking again too. Terrific photo - is this with the new camera?

Michael said...

Hello Jean,

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I took this photo with my new camera. I'm really surprised by how versatile this camera is.

Matt Kohai said...

I've never crossed any of the "big" bridges on foot - and not many of the little ones, either. Heck, these days I hardly find enough time for simply getting around anywhere on foot... I envy you that!

Michael said...

Yes, I'm very grateful for my schedule and what it allows me to do.