Friday, February 24, 2006

Immodest meerkat



Photos courtesy Dan Drabek, Yur (criticalmass)

Folks, I have too much free time on my hands.
I think these photos are hilarious.
It's sometimes good to have our sensibilities tweaked.
Back in January, I posted a deliciously creative take on a famous Renaissance painting. At the time, I lamented the fact that I forgot who created that latter-day masterpiece, and the Web site from which I took it.
Well, now I remember: It was Dan Drabek who thought up "Meerkat on the Half-Shell" (and the top two photos here), and the Web site was a forum for users of Leica cameras.
As for our comely star, as of October 2003 she was a resident of the San Francisco Zoo.

7 comments:

Michael said...

Hah, Greensleeves, that's funny!!

LBseahag said...

That is hilarious!!

Mine feel that low, sometimes!

Michael said...

Hi LB,
I saw those photos and couldn't resist putting them on my blog. I just hope I don't get shut down. :))

Phats said...

I am not sure if this post makes me laugh or freaks me out. Have you met Bruno and his dead mouse?

Michael said...

Hey Phats,

Yes, these photos are funny in a disturbing sort of way. Nope, haven't heard of Bruno and the dead mouse.

Anonymous said...

Why are my cats running and hiding? :) ;)

Michael said...

Hi Kitty,

I don't blame them.